The “wireless” printer does not print from the computer
Could it be because my husband (who is no longer around to help) plugged in a Linksys router to push our internet signal to the backyard?
Yes, it could be, if he hadn’t thought of installing the printer on the new network.
You must therefore make sure that the printer is connected to the new network broadcast by the Linksys router. The way I’m going to suggest doing this is from the printer interface.
First go to Control Panel > Devices and printers and Delete the old broken printer entry. Right click on your printer Remove the device
1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch Wireless icon
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Wireless setup wizard
4. Find your network name and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. You will of course have to enter your Wifi access code.
5. After that go to Control Panel > Devices and printers
6. Go to the top left and click on Add a printer
7. Hope he will see your printer now, choose it and let it be added to the system
8. When it’s done, right click on Set as Default
9. If it does not work immediately, turn off the printer and computer and restart one by one. Check if it works now.