Using Node.js for Backend Web Development in 2022
The popularity of Node.js is growing exponentially today. Node.js is currently used by well known companies like Netflix, Uber, Pay Pal, Twitter, and more. And among programmers, Node.js has been ranked as the 6th most popular technology according to StackOverflow 2021 Developer Survey. Even though Node.js is an applicable solution for many different types of use cases, MobiDev experts explain why to use or not to use Node.js in 2022.
Why use Node.js
- The flexible and efficient nature of Node.js lends itself to building small, fast, and scalable applications. Additionally, Node.js’ fast sync capabilities make it useful for event-based applications as well.
- Node.js is very good at building serverless and microservice-based applications because of its flexibility.
- Node.js can be used as an option for processing and managing multimedia data, as it handles asynchronous input and output much better than other technologies.
- Node.js handles simultaneous connections very well. Because IoT is built on many devices sending small messages that need to be dealt with quickly, Node.js makes a good backend for such kind of applications.
- New products can be created quickly and brought to market without delay thanks to the ease of use offered by Node.js by leveraging popular web languages.
- The Node.js runtime is basically built on a C ++ server that runs on the host node, which allows integration with existing C ++ libraries.
Why not use Node.js
- The financial sphere is the only sphere where Node.js is definitely not recommended due to the specifics of working with the floating point – this can lead to an accumulation of errors in the variables that deal with finances, which is unacceptable.
- Node.js is not the best solution when it comes to working with heavily loaded threads involving a processor.
The number of use cases for Node.js is already large and continues to grow. With the right research and the right use cases, Node.js can be a great choice for building many different types of products now and in the future.
More detailed information about Node.js can be found here on the MobiDev site.
MobiDev is an American-Ukrainian software engineering company that aims to help visionaries create their products. The company invests inat technological research and has years of experience in building AI-based solutions, implementing machine learning, augmented reality and IoT.